Brinkman & Pessman Lumber Co. was founded by Wilbur Brinkman & Wesley Pessman in 1948 in rural Fulton, IL. Bill Brinkman, Wilbur’s son, became a principal in the business after graduating from college in 1971.
In 1982, Bill and his wife Gaile purchased Fulton Lumber Co. Bill continued to operate both companies until 1986 when the businesses were combined into their current location at 915 Second Street, in Fulton.
Brinkman Building Center has been a staple in the Fulton community for over 60 years. During that time, the business has gone through several expansions, including a new showroom and store as well as two new warehouses.